Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Past Week....

I have had a bit of a tough week this week. Seems it's mostly the little things getting to me. But I believe the cause comes from my hormonal state. Being Menopausal, or Premenopausal, which ever the case may be, is quite an emotional, mental and physical journey. I have spoken with my Mom about it quite a bit, and she never went through these many symptoms that I have been going through. Apparently, my Grandmother did not either. But, as they say, "WHAT DOES NOT KILL US WILL ONLY MAKE US STRONGER".

Our cookout for my step daughter was a bust. Two days of preparation, all the food, and no one showed up (almost no one). They all said they were coming. This has never happened to me before. But, the good news, the few of us that were here, had a very lovely time! We did some family reminiscing. Sharon, despite the water went out her house, managed to get herself and the kids here, but Traci could not make it because her car broke down. She was quite upset about not being able to make it and her car. Needless to say...We have all been eating a lot of hamburgers this week. Here is a picture of the cake. Yeah it was pretty yummy!!


This weekend is Cameran's first T Ball game! He is excited...well we are all excited!! He seems to be doing very well, and looks as though he may have some potential in this sport. Sharon is the Team Mom, so we know what that means...I get to be the team Nana!! HAHA!! She has already recruited me to work concessions with her.


Other grandchildren news: Jaiden spent some time with me yesterday and and she is such a little doll. She is so happy and carefree. She is talking really well now. I don't always understand everything. But she is talking in sentences, so you can get most of it. Jesse has a couple of more weeks of his swimming lessons at the YMCA. He seems to really love it. He spent the night with me on Friday night and as always, was just a cuddle bug! I had not seen him in about a week and a half. He must have told me 10 times that he missed me. How sweet is that??

Well, here are my scrapping pages for the week. These are my faves. I have linked them up so you can click on them to get credits.





Come check out the challenges at Oscraps too!! Lots of chances to win prizes!!

Here is my entry for the Camera Corner Challenge:


Click on Image to Go To Challenge



3 comments:

  1. Hey Nana, so sorry to read that the cook-out didn't go as planned, I guess it's a bit late to say send some burgers my way?!?! The cake looks yummy ... cake keeps doesn' it? Hhhmmmmm, I wonder ... if I get on a flight now, could make it to yours before it spoils!?!?!

    I hope you find "balance" in your self soon, I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, but I guess I've got that still to come, right? Hope you're feeling more Nana-like soon though! In the mean time, I'll just send you virtual ((((hugs)))) and evening primrose oil (that's supposed to be good for "the change", I think!).

    Hugs, sue.falstaff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the changes in life! Who wants to get old as my mother says (turning 80 in a year!) The cake is yummy and your pages are ... well ... I have it before... you have just evolved in your scrapping so much Linda! Stunning. Hope the t-ball game went well! Photos? Your entries for the camera corner this month were awesome! Have a super week Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your cake looks gorgeous, so do the pages!

    ReplyDelete